Periodontal Surgery Can Protect & Save Your Smile
At Northern Peaks Dental in Sandpoint, we provide a variety of effective periodontal surgery options to help our patients protect and strengthen their smiles.
What problems can periodontal surgery address?
Because periodontal disease can cause significant damage to the jawbone, causing teeth to become loose and dislodge, it’s sometimes necessary for patients to undergo periodontal surgery to protect and strengthen their smiles.
Which periodontal surgeries does the Northern Peaks Dental team offer?
- Surgical Gingivectomies: Designed to help restore the health of gums that have pulled away from teeth and created deep pockets that are susceptible to periodontal disease, this procedure involves surgically removing damaged tissue before it has a chance to impact surrounding bone and teeth.
- Alloderm Gum Tissue Therapy: Using tissue grafting to maintain the integrity of your gum tissue and support tissue regeneration, this therapy uses natural collagen to promote tissue growth and is known for its short and effective restoration and healing time.
How long does recovery take?
Recovery time depends on the procedure performed and the patient’s overall health, but it can take n average of one to three weeks for patients to fully heal.
Who should consider periodontal surgery?
If you are experiencing gum pain or discomfort, tooth mobility, gum recession, and/or a change in the way your teeth fit together, we encourage you to talk to us about whether periodontal surgery may be right for you.
Contact us today to learn more about this service or to schedule a consultation!
Contact Northern Peaks Dental About Periodontal Surgery Today
- Receive the services you need to protect your teeth and gums
- Treat issues related to gum recession, bone loss, and more
- Prevent tooth loss that can be caused by advanced periodontitis
- Experience safe & effective services from an experienced team of professionals
- Protect your smile!